• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old Chestnut (IR35)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Chestnut (IR35)

IR35 seems much discussed again. Some cynics would say that maybe the people who make a living out of the fear or IR35 have seen a drop in revenue too.

Just out of interest - I have actually had a PAYE review (which includes IR35) and it was a breeze.

Have you?
    Yes
    16.67%
    No
    83.33%
    AndyW did mine (whoever that f*cker is)
    0.00%
    Last edited by Jubber; 5 March 2009, 12:50. Reason: I see the swear filter caught me :)

interesting... what did they ask for etc ? did they even mention IR35?

Comment

Originally posted by faceless View Post
      When I had mine the folder (containing MyCo's details) on Hector's desk had "IR35" written on it in magic marker.

Comment

Originally posted by faceless View Post
        Took copies of my contracts and asked some IR35 questions about each contract and other general questions from a pre-prepared IR35 question sheet.

Do you have your own website?
        Your own business cards?
        Do you work for other clients outside your main contract?

Simple stuff, not a great inquisition. I'm not sure he was really that interested in IR35 - he seemed more interested in expenses and other general company stuff.

Took all my other paper work away and when he had finished rummaging through it, sent it all back in a big box which the postman left on the front doorstep !!

The inspector was a really nice guy actually. He found some money against me, I can't honestly remember how much, but it wasn't a lot and it wasn't IR35 related and that was the last I heard about it all.

Comment

Working...
        X