• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client Co Changing working days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are not sure then might be a good idea to start looking around for other gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Collingwood View Post
      Thanks, I thought that a "new" contract would have to be drawn up etc.

One thing I have noticed looking at the contract I last signed it says in a section headed:

Specified hours/days per week:
      "37.5 hours To be agreed locally with the Client Representative"

Does this open me up to whatever they like and change at any moment?

Or does this mean the working days agreed at the beging of the contract ie: Mon-Fri?
      Well, it can't mean the Sunday if you don't agree to that. I mean, if you don't agree it, it's not "agreed locally with the Client Representative": self-evident, no?

But as a general principle, when it starts turning sour, start looking around, just in case.

Comment

Working...
      X