• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hectors House

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Companies

Originally posted by stacks
    Think I might just do that and get the Ltd thang setup ready to move to. My composite company are also trying to move me towards an EBT that I'm just as concerned about as the composite setup. I'm reading all the posts and am now convinced I need to go the Ltd way!

Anyone disagree?
    I think the general consensus is that if you're in it for the long term and your contracts are outside IR35, Ltd is the way to go.

EBT's are in my opinion very dodgy indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by stacks
      Just interestedin your comment about making the switch to Ltd mid-contract. I just asked that question to my agent - Spring and they said it cannot be done until renewal. I'm in a composite at the moment and want to move to Ltd ASAP but my contractis not up for renewal until Jan.

Does this sound like the norm or are they just being awkward?
      They are talking bollox. What they really mean is that they can't be bothered to issue a replacement contract in your new Ltd's name. You could force the issue by saying that unless they play ball you will sling your hook but it's probably not worth it unless renewal time is a long, long way away. In the meantime get your Ltd set up, get an accountant, get a company bank account and you'll be ready to go.

Comment

rubbish

they are talking bollix. I've just gone the other way from my own Ltd to a composite type co. It may not be something many people agree with - but i get a good return (82%) and I'm with a small enough co that don;t flag themselves all over the internet.

Just tell them your other company is going tits up and you are moving to MyCo Ltd. If they say no - tell them you are offski.

Comment

Underscore2, how are your composite managing to return 82%? What's their gimmick, as it were?

Comment

Working...
          X