• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online year end stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online year end stuff

Before anybody says "ask an accoutant", this is for Plan B Co. and an accountant's fee would be a big dent in Plan B Co's profits. So I'm doing it myself.

I've got the abberviated accounts PDF, which seems simple enough, but am I right in thinking the liabilities for the next year includes the corporation tax for the year gone and so the profit recorded on this form is after CT?

For the CT return, there seems to be something similar with a PDF, but you have to attach accounts. I found something saying it can only accept a PDF attachment for accounts, and the abbreviated accounts for Companies House isn't acceptable. So what is, and what can I use to generate that?

Ta.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

<Placeholder for "ask your accountant" comment>

Comment

I've got the abberviated accounts PDF, which seems simple enough, but am I right in thinking the liabilities for the next year includes the corporation tax for the year gone and so the profit recorded on this form is after CT?

On your balance sheet you should show creditors (amounts falling due within one year). This will include Corp tax due, VAT due & any other payments you may have made at year end that may not have cleared etc).

For the CT return, there seems to be something similar with a PDF, but you have to attach accounts. I found something saying it can only accept a PDF attachment for accounts, and the abbreviated accounts for Companies House isn't acceptable. So what is, and what can I use to generate that?

My understanding is that your end of year requirements are:
      • Companies House - abbreviated balance sheet
      • HMRC - Full accounts (including detailed P&L, balance sheet) + the company Corp Tax return CT600

Might be worth checking with your accountant what he has supplied for your Plan A - then using as a template for Plan B.

Comment

>I've got the abberviated accounts PDF, which seems simple enough, but am I right in thinking the liabilities for the next year includes the corporation tax for the year gone and so the profit recorded on this form is after CT?

Yes. Of course the CT will have been paid before next year's accounts and so won't show up there.

>For the CT return, there seems to be something similar with a PDF, but you have to attach accounts. I found something saying it can only accept a PDF attachment for accounts, and the abbreviated accounts for Companies House isn't acceptable. So what is, and what can I use to generate that?

You need to submit a full set of accounts with the CT return.

CutePDF acts as a virtual printer and will produce PDFs from Word, Excel, IE, etc.

QB.

Comment

Ta. Hadn't thought of Cute PDF, and I have it installed too.

So do I need huge detail on the CT attachment, or is it essentially what's in the balance sheet?

Comment

If by CT attachment you mean the calculations HMRC ask for then mine is just a single sheet mainly repeating stuff from the notes in the full accounts. The key ones on mine are profit (box 3) and capital allowance figures (107, 118)

QB.

Comment

So do I need huge detail on the CT attachment, or is it essentially what's in the balance sheet?
              With the CT attachment you have to submit full accounts. Search the net for an example of small company accounts. Basically, this will consists of something along the lines of:

directors report
              balance sheet
              profit and loss account
              notes to the account
              detailed profit and loss account
              taxation schedule

Comment

Working...
              X