• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do if baliffs come knocking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Once a bailiff has been granted entry once then he subsequently allowed to force entry as many times as he wants.
    Like vampires
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      They will be told they are on private property and to leave immediately if they even set foot in my front garden
      Private property doesn't mean you can legally prevent people entering your land... and unlike America you can't shoot people for 'looking like they were up to no good'.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You were an inspector of taxes eh? What can you tell us about IR35 investigation and collection from the dark side then?
        Collection I can't - IR35 was something that I came across now and again - latterly my main area of expertise was the travel rules for employees http://www.contractoralliance.co.uk/...ctor_expenses/ although as an Inspector of Taxes I was trained in accounts investigation, law and practise and am a veteran of over 100 Commissioners meetings etc etc etc

Regards

Bob http://www.internet-taxation.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by maxima View Post
          A few hundred pound compensation for that!!!!

I would of took them to the cleaners!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loubylou View Post
            On every level they will tell you anything to make you pay up, do not believe them, check out your legal rights before this happens so you are in a position of strength should they ever arrive at your door.
            Indeed, the other day the press reported that the baliffs caused a man to have a heart attack. He owed money for a speeding ticket, they turned up, told him that if he didn't pay at that point then they would come back with a locksmith(!) and then marched him to the cashpoint. At which point his (recently operated on) heart failed.

This is even AFTER the family told the courts about his medical condition, at which point the courts are not supposed to allow bailiffs to visit. Let alone give him all that baloney about the locksmith.

They really are the lowest of the low.
            Last edited by Squicker; 21 January 2009, 12:27.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Once a bailiff has been granted entry once then he subsequently allowed to force entry as many times as he wants.
              A lot of men think of relationships that way

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                A lot of men think of relationships that way
                You're a bad man

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Jones View Post
                  Collection I can't - IR35 was something that I came across now and again - latterly my main area of expertise was the travel rules for employees http://www.contractoralliance.co.uk/...ctor_expenses/ although as an Inspector of Taxes I was trained in accounts investigation, law and practise and am a veteran of over 100 Commissioners meetings etc etc etc

Regards

Bob http://www.internet-taxation.co.uk/
                  No I just want to know some tips on staying below the radar of HMRC so they don't come knocking or investigating. Me and just about every other poster on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Jones View Post
                    I think you might be getting a few calls from a few on here offering you a website re-design for a bit of free consultancy...

Good luck with it, regardless.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I think you might be getting a few calls from a few on here offering you a website re-design for a bit of free consultancy...
                      i know - it is prettty bad - but the advice it contains is sound ....

Comment

Working...
                      X