• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracts

I am a contractor using my own limited company to work under. I am being asked to sign an agreement with the company I contract to - a larger consultancy in fact - which prevents me from soliticing work from their clients for a period of 6 months after my agreement with them has terminated. My questions are: since the agreement is between two companies and not with me personally, am I bound by that condition and does it therefore prevent me from working for whoever i like. Secondly, if the client for whom I am currently working on-site approached me and asked if i would carry out additional work for them am i still bound by this agreement.

If you're signing on behalf of your limited company then I don't think they can stop you working for the client directly as long as you don't use the limited company that signed the contract. The client themselves may have a contract with the consultancy that stops them from doing this however.

If the client approached directly then the agreement still stands. It makes no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinm View Post
      I am a contractor using my own limited company to work under. I am being asked to sign an agreement with the company I contract to - a larger consultancy in fact - which prevents me from soliticing work from their clients for a period of 6 months after my agreement with them has terminated. My questions are: since the agreement is between two companies and not with me personally, am I bound by that condition and does it therefore prevent me from working for whoever i like. Secondly, if the client for whom I am currently working on-site approached me and asked if i would carry out additional work for them am i still bound by this agreement.
      Make sure the contract does not stop you from soliciting work from clients that you did NOT do any work for, or have contact with, through the larger consultancy.

It may do so its just the way you worded it above that looks a bit ambiguous.
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
      X