• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supplies Purchasing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplies Purchasing

Now don’t laugh, I use an A5 Filofax for logging business information. Purchasing supplies for this; is it better to buy myself and claim as expenses, or for me to purchase them using MyLtd Co debit card?
    Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Credit card - less paperwork/hassle
    Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
      Credit card - less paperwork/hassle
      I agree with this. Using the Company Credit card / debit card for business transactions also allows you to develop business financial history and may end up with more credit so that you can eventually put training courses on the card instead of through your personal funds. However, I am use to buying things and claiming it back from the company. More hassle, but it stops me from spending my money on something else.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        I agree with this. Using the Company Credit card / debit card for business transactions also allows you to develop business financial history and may end up with more credit so that you can eventually put training courses on the card instead of through your personal funds. However, I am use to buying things and claiming it back from the company. More hassle, but it stops me from spending my money on something else.
        Also allows you to personally benefit from points generated on any loyalty schemes the card provides.

e.g Air Miles, Nectar points.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Also allows you to personally benefit from points generated on any loyalty schemes the card provides.

e.g Air Miles, Nectar points.
          Surely this only applies to those banks that have those types of tie-ins?
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            Surely this only applies to those banks that have those types of tie-ins?
            Yup.

e.g. American Express Nectar credit card = Nectar points
            Can't remember which card issues Air Miles now since NatWest dropped them.

Comment

Working...
            X