• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoice for no work done.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice for no work done.

A few months ago I had an initial meeting with an accountant, but did not take up his services and have not signed any form of contract with him or passed any details to him since.

This weekend he has sent me an invoice for bookeeping services.

What should I do?

Thanks

Invoice for no work done

monkquito

If the accountant is regulated by a professional body then a letter of engagement should have been isued before any work has been carried out, thats what you would assume is your contract with the firm.

You should also have done Money Laundering Regulation paperwork with them before thy can do any work, and invoice. ( You would have provided copy passport and utility bill )

If work has not been carried it then it seems unlikley a professional firm would want to be paid.

I would just return the invoice confirming in writing that you did not request any work to be done and that you had not appointed the firm as accountants and that they have raised the invoice in error.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by monkquito View Post
      A few months ago I had an initial meeting with an accountant, but did not take up his services and have not signed any form of contract with him or passed any details to him since.

This weekend he has sent me an invoice for bookeeping services.

What should I do?

Thanks
      Sounds like a scam - stick it in the bin.

Comment

Working...
      X