• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can i report an Agent and where

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can i report an Agent and where

Hello everyone

i am in a bad situation and i want to hear an advice. My agent havent pay me yet since end Sept. Any idea what action should i take?

Please help!!!!!!!

Originally posted by simos View Post
    Hello everyone

i am in a bad situation and i want to hear an advice. My agent havent pay me yet since end Sept. Any idea what action should i take?

Please help!!!!!!!
    What does your contract say about payment?

Search for "late payment of debts legislation" on google.

Issue an invoice for the fees and interest due giving 7 days to pay.

Then sue them!

If they are going bust, stop invoicing, talk to the client about going direct.

Oh, and join the PCG, get PCG plus, then if they go bust owing you money PCG gives you £5,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
      What does your contract say about payment?

Search for "late payment of debts legislation" on google.

Issue an invoice for the fees and interest due giving 7 days to pay.

Then sue them!

If they are going bust, stop invoicing, talk to the client about going direct.

Oh, and join the PCG, get PCG plus, then if they go bust owing you money PCG gives you £5,000.
      The "problem" is i have an umbrella company for my invoicing and they look very reluctant as well. Can i use someone else?

Comment

www.payontime.co.uk
        • Have a look at www.payontime.co.uk which has a handy calculator for working out the interest you are owed.
        • Add this amount to the invoice amount.
        • Present this updated invoice to the company.
        • At the same time, speak to your accountant about county court injunctions (you have to give your agency 28 days notice before you can send a county court-related warning). They should be able to sort out all the paperwork or advise you on where to go to get it done.

About PCG: WHS.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
          It's up to £7500 + VAT.

But, if the OP isn't already a member then it may be too late (if the agency is having problems) - you need to be a member for > 60 days before you can make a claim.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by simos View Post
            Hello everyone

Please help!!!!!!!
            I am uncertain if you are going through an Umbrella or through your own Ltd company. If you are going through an Umbrella, then you need to chase them for payment. The contract is between the Umbrella and the agency. If you are going through your own Ltd company, then you need send them a letter via Recorded / Registered post demanding payment within an acceptable timeframe (minimum 14 days). If they don't pay up, take all your evidence and contract to a debt collector / solicitor and look to start legal proceedings.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
            X