• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contracting through uk limited comp - but living in LatAm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contracting through uk limited comp - but living in LatAm

hey folks,
    i left the UK in December last year to go travelling and have been enjoying the good life in Brasil since then. After running out of spending money i have taken up a contract with a UK agency doing some IT related work (remotely from my new base in Brasil), but i am billing through my UK Ltd company am not sure what my tax obligation are in the UK.
    Can anyone tell me where i stand in relation to my uk tax obligations, do i still need to pay PAYE on my salary, - i am presuming not and that i need to pay this in my new home country.
    Any top tips exchanged for beers if you come visit!
    Thanks,
    Greg

Hello,

Any income/profit in to the UK company will be liable to UK Corporation tax as the company is UK registered.

As far as drawing money out of the company is concerned. If you have no other income then you should consider setting up a PAYE scheme and drawing a basic salary and topping up with dividends.

Presumably you are only travelling and have not permenantly relocated abroad. In which case it is highly likely that you will still be liable to UK tax on your personal income.

If your remitting income to a foreign bank account then you may be liable to tax in Brazil but you may get double tax relief. This is a highly complexed tax area and i'd strongly suggest checking this over with your accountants tax department.

Comment

Working...
    X