• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier/MTM Scheme - When did you leave?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montpelier/MTM Scheme - When did you leave?

Just out of curiosity, it would be interesting to know if the forum is made up mainly of ex-members or people who are still with MP, and when people joined and left.
    Joined 2001/2
    22.22%
    Joined 2003
    2.78%
    Joined 2004
    13.89%
    Joined 2005
    2.78%
    Joined 2006
    2.78%
    Joined 2007
    0.00%
    Joined 2008
    2.78%
    Still with MTM
    16.67%
    Left 2001/2
    0.00%
    Left 2003
    11.11%
    Left 2004
    2.78%
    Left 2005
    0.00%
    Left 2006
    0.00%
    Left 2007
    11.11%
    Left 2008
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 31 October 2008, 16:01.

perhaps helpful to consider the years as fiscal year ends.

ie year 2004 means fiscal year 2003/04.

This should then give some indication of how many potential CNs, and when HMRC would have known about the "scale of the problem".
    Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
    "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

I am disappointed by the lack of andyw option.......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        oh for a beer every time I've read that on this site
        Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
        "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          You are only allowed a maximum of 15 options, otherwise of course I would have included andyw.

Comment

immediately it looks like many joined 2001, these are the ones that were sold down the river

Comment

Originally posted by poppy01 View Post
              immediately it looks like many joined 2001, these are the ones that were sold down the river
              No, these are the ones (me included) who have been most cheated by this government.

Comment

Please keep the votes coming.

Comment

So far, it's looking like the majority of people here joined at the beginning. However, this may not be representative as these people (me included) probably have the most to lose when you factor in the interest, and are therefore probably the most motivated.

Comment

Working...
                  X