• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving from Umbrella to Ltd Co

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    Edit: Actually, maybe I'm being a little rash - was this a client or agency's system that you had to enter your hours in? If so, I suppose it could be difficult for them out of all the people on their books to know that you DID work that week.

Would be interesting either way.
    This was the brollys system, and what also anoyed me was when i chased my "Account Handler" at brolly they told me to go chase the agency myslef. Oh how silly of me I have a dog and growl at the postman myslef!

The brolly was good as I was new to contracting and now on my second contract and a little wiser and found more information (This site for one), I feel taht i am being less then efficient in what i am doing.

Does anyone on this site use their spouse as a day to day administrator and be ina postion to recommend an accountant that is contractor friendly and offers reduced rates for reduced work?

Thanks

Pleo

P.S Any one want to quess which brolly i am with?
    Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

GIANT?

Do I win?

Comment

Originally posted by pleomax View Post
        This was the brollys system, and what also anoyed me was when i chased my "Account Handler" at brolly they told me to go chase the agency myslef. Oh how silly of me I have a dog and growl at the postman myslef!

The brolly was good as I was new to contracting and now on my second contract and a little wiser and found more information (This site for one), I feel taht i am being less then efficient in what i am doing.

Does anyone on this site use their spouse as a day to day administrator and be ina postion to recommend an accountant that is contractor friendly and offers reduced rates for reduced work?

Thanks

Pleo

P.S Any one want to quess which brolly i am with?
        Quay accounting offer a "end of year" accounts package, or any local accountant may be able to do it for you.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

To top it all now they have finally paid me the final amount from my previous contract and the holiday fund I have accrued has magically disapeared!!!!!!

To say steam is coming out of my ears is an understatement.!!!!!

To-Do List......
          1. Set up Ltd Co
          2. Kick brolly co into touch
          3. Let the wife do the paperwork

Someday/Maybe......
          Get rich and live happly ever after......
          Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

And now further from them not paying my holiday fund at the end of that contract I get this in reply when i chased.....

"I have authorised your holiday fund of £X to be released for payment tomorrow. This will hit your account on Monday. A P45 will follow. "

Words fail me, I am still contracting through them why the hell do i need a P45?????????
            Pleomax

Comment

Working...
            X