• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract start date significance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract start date significance

Does the date on which my Ltd 'commences the provision of services' on hold any real significance?

What happens if My Ltd provides me as the consultant a day or two after this start date? Has my Ltd broken the contract making it void, or somesuch?

The reason I ask is that I have recieved a contract counter-signed, that used to have a start date that is a Monday. As well as signing the contract the agency representative has also crossed out that monday start date and changed it to the previous day. I don't think end client are open on Sunday!

Is this a cunning plan of some sort on the part of the agency?

Originally posted by shoes View Post
    Does the date on which my Ltd 'commences the provision of services' on hold any real significance?

What happens if My Ltd provides me as the consultant a day or two after this start date? Has my Ltd broken the contract making it void, or somesuch?

The reason I ask is that I have recieved a contract counter-signed, that used to have a start date that is a Monday. As well as signing the contract the agency representative has also crossed out that monday start date and changed it to the previous day. I don't think end client are open on Sunday!

Is this a cunning plan of some sort on the part of the agency?
    I think its just a date error, the guy probably got hsi dates wrong, just communicate and tell him he got the date wrong, so you are waiting for the contract with the right date.

Comment

I don't mind that the date is a day before I can actually turn up, since the agreement still covers the period over which I will be attending the client site.

I do wonder if there is a consequence of technically not turning up on the first day. The client will be expecting me on the monday so there will be no issue from their perspective.

I wonder why they did it? It is a deliberate initialled change to the start date on the contract that a quick glance at a calendar could have confirmed was unnecessary, they do seem to have a purpose in mind.

Comment

Working...
      X