• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alternative to Norla Consulting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QwertyBerty View Post
    >Surely, anybody can see that if you earn £250 per day and pay 18% something is way wrong.

In what way?

>What part of the income is non-taxable?

pension? expenses?

QB.

It says you keep 82% of the income. You don't keep it if you pay it out in pension and expenses.

Its an EBT or some such nonsense. The non-taxable income - I would bet - is in the form of a non-repayable loan and I think we all know that this is not to be recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by dezze View Post
      Their website mentions...

'Tax efficient bonus scheme'

Does this mean it uses some form of Offshore element? EBT maybe?
      They have a range, including Isle of Man, but also helping with a limited company which I also looked at (it's your company, they just help with the paperwork and admin), it just depends on your status. For me the one that works is their salary package. Just give them a call, they're a nice bunch and won't do the hard sell. They're careful about checking everything is above board, which to me means I can sleep easy because I'm not interested in risking what I've earned, especially at the moment with what's going on!

Comment

Originally posted by ProfContractor View Post
        They have a range, including Isle of Man, but also helping with a limited company which I also looked at (it's your company, they just help with the paperwork and admin), it just depends on your status. For me the one that works is their salary package. Just give them a call, they're a nice bunch and won't do the hard sell. They're careful about checking everything is above board, which to me means I can sleep easy because I'm not interested in risking what I've earned, especially at the moment with what's going on!
        If the scheme uses an EBT or some other form of Offshore payment, you probably shouldn't be sleeping soundly. I really hope that offshore schemes prove effective, but I personally wouldn't join one now if it had an offshore element.

If this doesn't use an offshore element, can you enlighten us as to how it works?

P.S. is that call 'them' or call 'us'?

Comment

If this doesn't use an offshore element, can you enlighten us as to how it works?
          Not unless you first sign a non-disclosure agreement!

Comment

If the scheme uses an EBT or some other form of Offshore payment, you probably shouldn't be sleeping soundly. I really hope that offshore schemes prove effective, but I personally wouldn't join one now if it had an offshore element.

P.S. is that call 'them' or call 'us'?
            Call me and I'll do your intranet, call them and they'll help with your business. I was trying to help mate, and I'd rather not give you the wrong information that's all. I can wing it if you want, but better you speak direct I would think!

Comment

Working...
            X