• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick Calculation Question....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Calculation Question....

Hi, guys - go easy on me - I'm paying an accuonant to do the end of year books, but I'm just doing a quick rough workout - can you tell me if I'm calculating this correctly?

Income [ Sales (exc VAT) & VAT [Profit from FRS] & Bank Interest = £40k
    Expenditure [ salary, paye, expenses reimbursed, company expenses] = £13

Profit Therefore = £27k

Corp Tax = 3/12 @ 20% and 9/12 @21% = £5600

Available to distrbute via dividend = £21,400

looks about right to me,

One point to consider...

From a personal point of view, you'll need to check your income in terms of salary & dividends and personal bank interest to see if any of the divi income exceeds the lower level tax limit - if so you might want to pay some divi this year, and some next financial year - if thats possible.

I'm presuming that your company accounting year finishes in December [ hence the 3/9 split of CT rates ] ??
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Hmm yeah, but I thought the corp tax was done on days, not months. Sure I saw this on HMRC.
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
        Hmm yeah, but I thought the corp tax was done on days, not months. Sure I saw this on HMRC.
        It is days, you can figure it out from here:- http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ctsa/mrr_worksheet.htm.

But the OP did say roughly so 3/12 and 9/12 is pretty close.

Comment

Working...
        X