• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brookson Price Increase!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brookson Price Increase!

Just got an email stating:

To continue to achieve this, it is necessary to establish a more realistic price
    structure for our services moving forward. With effect from 1st September
    2008, the annual cost of our standard limited company accountancy services
    will be £1,500 + VAT per annum. This translates to an annual after tax cost to
    your business of £1,185 + VAT equating to a weekly after tax increase of only
    £4.22. We have worked tirelessly to keep the price increase to an absolute
    minimum, while ensuring we continue to provide a genuinely high quality and
    comprehensive service, maintaining the exemplary standards of compliance
    that Brookson’s service is recognised for.

Originally posted by diesel View Post
    Just got an email stating:

blah
    Dump 'em.

a) bugger all notice.
    b) £4.22 x 52 does not = £1,185 , (4.22 x 365 <> 1,500 either) therefore they can't do sums so are crap accountants.
    c) they used the expression "moving forward". I could not do business with any tosser that uses that expression.

EDIT: Oops. £4.22 'increase'. = I didn't read it properly.

d) they sent it by email, not letter.
    e) so that's a 22.7% increase. Who do they think they are? British Gas?
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 25 August 2008, 19:23. Reason: Hastiness
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It seems an unreasonable fee for a standard contractor accountant. Less than £100 per month is the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
        It seems an unreasonable fee for a standard contractor accountant. Less than £100 per month is the norm.
        I was upset when my accountant wanted to charge me £900 for the year (£75) per month.

Then again all the bookeeping I do so he doesn't do a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          I was upset when my accountant wanted to charge me £900 for the year (£75) per month.

Then again all the bookeeping I do so he doesn't do a lot.
          Depends entirely what they do for you but I don't think thats unreasonable even if you do all the book-keeping. Presumably the accountant does the VAT and payroll as well as year end work?

Comment

They do all my weekly statements, VAT returns, PAYE, expenses processing etc. All i need to do is tell them hours worked and with what end client. Although got to admit sometimes service each does vary. I have been with them for years and disappointed they are putting their fees. I would like to move from them but only commend their service as they monitor my credits and debits to my co bank account. Once they highlighted an error when my client did not pay me several months ago ( a costly mistake my by client!).

Comment

I've got to say Brookson still sound more like an MSC than an accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
                I've got to say Brookson still sound more like an MSC than an accountant.
                Not necessarily. As long as the OP is in control of his bank account and business, it's not an MSC. My PSC is an accountant that does the same thing as Brookson.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

There's more, MUCH more to being an MSC than bank account control. Granted, its a big part of it but not all.

Comment

Working...
                  X