• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how to invoice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to invoice?

hi,

I created my ltd company and setup an accountant with quay accouting, I got a coroperation tax form and I think im ready to start invoicing.

Problem is I have 5months back pay to invoice, do I invoice all of this on 1 invoice to Hays IT or do i create 4 seperate invoices for April, May, June, July August assuming my business starts from april 31st.

Can't wait to get paid I have hit my overdraft limit to say the least.

total Noob here

EXAMPLE SALES INVOICE
    YOUR Company name
    Trading address
    Telephone
    Fax
    Email
    Contact Name
    Client / Agency Name
    Address
    Address
    Address
    Address Postcode

Invoice number 001
    Tax point / invoice date 1 December 2009
    Client purchase reference PO/001/001

INVOICE

VAT NUMBER 123 4567 89

PROFESSIONAL SERVICES IN RESPECT OF:

Describe the service rendered

Net fee 0.00

VAT at 17.5% 0.00

Total due 0.00

TERMS:
    THIS INVOICE IS DUE [STATE TERMS OF BUSINESS HERE]

Registered office address
    Company number and country of incorporation

I need to fill this in right can someone show me how so imagine i do 35hrs a week for the last 5months not including overtime or bank holidays

Comment

One invoice for the lot is fine. The sample invoice you show looks fine too (if you are VAT registered).

Congratulations, and mine's a pint of any real ale.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

thankyou for the quick responce well when i get paid i will be in Nando's off charring cross station then a few pints after just let me know when lol

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
          a coroperation tax form
          Co-operation tax? Feck me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            Co-operation tax? flip me.
            OK. I call 'tails'.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

hi,

I created my ltd company and setup an accountant with quay accouting, I got a coroperation tax form and I think im ready to start invoicing.

Problem is I have 5months back pay to invoice, do I invoice all of this on 1 invoice to Hays IT or do i create 4 seperate invoices for April, May, June, July August assuming my business starts from april 31st.

Can't wait to get paid I have hit my overdraft limit to say the least.

total Noob here
              Speak to your accountant. Have you been working for this client since April? Why the delay? Is this when your company was incorporated? Are Hays aware of the situation? Does your contract have anything nasty in it regarding payment deadlines and forfeiture of professional fees?

Comment

Net fee 0.00

VAT at 17.5% 0.00

Total due 0.00
                Mmmmmm. Even at those rates you'll never convince some managers that you offer 'value for money' compared to outsourcing to India.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Mmmmmm. Even at those rates you'll never convince some managers that you offer 'value for money' compared to outsourcing to India.
                  Back in the late 1990s, the IT manager at clientco was tasked with doing a cost/benefit analysis of a couple of outsourcing options versus continuing with the internal IT department.

He did a cracking, professional job which showed the IT Dept was lean, mean and efficient and it beat the external competition in the cost/benefit analysis.

They said "Thank you", crossed off the internal option and went with the cheaper of the outsourcers.

Different budget, see?

Comment

its all good my agency have recieved the time sheet, i was just lazy in setting up the ltd company and then the accountant in terms of fillin in the forms, im one of those lazy ppl.

hopefully ill invoice them tommarrow and i'll get paid a whopping 29900

Comment

Working...
                    X