• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions cold calling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jigsaw View Post
    From what I remember, the scheme is based on the premise that as an LLP member, you pay schedule D income tax and Class 2 & 4 NI contributions. So you have to register with HMRC as "Self Employed" and pay your tax and NI accordingly, supposedly saving employers NI etc. Their sales pitch was that this is watertight, legal, blah-de-blah.

But I agree with what you say, this does sound like a whizzy super-secret magic bean approach to me.
    It's not watertight from a view of IR35. An LLP can still be an itermediary in terms of the legislation and that contract income assessed as employed income. Whether HMRC would bother is probably moot though because the recovery would be comparatively small.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
      It's not watertight from a view of IR35. An LLP can still be an itermediary in terms of the legislation and that contract income assessed as employed income. Whether HMRC would bother is probably moot though because the recovery would be comparatively small.
      Agreed. This is no IR35 magic solution as your "self employed" status could be challenged at any point.

So then what is it? A partnership with your contract income? Nice.

If this were on "Mythbusters" - it would be BUSTED.
      Make your choice. Let the game begin.

Comment

I missed them. They left a message to call them back but I don't do 0870

Comment

Working...
        X