• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 Point Plan to Legally Avoid IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I was not too young to remember the Labour landslide of 1997. So in the news article of 1999 pointed out, Labour had been in power for nearly two years.

Actually I might not like 99% of what either party did. I have general dislike for most politicians. My point was what each political party has done and is doing to us and our industry.
    Make your choice. Let the game begin.

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
      Just in case you are too young to remember. Here's a BBC news graphic from 1999 showing the state of the economy thanks to yeasr of conservative rule.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/...omy/232304.stm
      So B'Liar winning in May 1997 was only a bad dream.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        So B'Liar winning in May 1997 was only a bad dream.
        Heh. What I was trying to suggest was that this headline was only a year or so after coming to power when the (current) govt were still trying to sort out years of mis-rule.

My point was that you shouldn't vote for any of em, it only encourages em.
        "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
        "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
          Heh. What I was trying to suggest was that this headline was only a year or so after coming to power when the (current) govt were still trying to sort out years of mis-rule.

My point was that you shouldn't vote for any of em, it only encourages em.

It's generally accepted that the period of economic stability which New Labia have benefited from was in fact engineered several years earler by John Major's Govt following Black Wednesday. In fact the economy had been growing for 5 years prior to Labour's win in 1997.

One credit that Labour must take is the decision to give the BOE autonomy in deciding the interest rate, however we shall soon see whether the period of growth since then has been supported by borrowing or the sale of the UK's gold bullion reserves.

Comment

Working...
          X