• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheapest Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest Umbrella

For various reasons, I'm going to be using an Umbrella rather than my Ltd for my next contract, starting in the next 10 days or so.

I'm fully aware that the lowest fees doesn't not necessarily mean the best service, but who is the cheapest Umbrella Company?

"Go Umbrella" at £55 is the cheapest I've found so far.

Originally posted by Crossroads View Post
    For various reasons, I'm going to be using an Umbrella rather than my Ltd for my next contract, starting in the next 10 days or so.

I'm fully aware that the lowest fees doesn't not necessarily mean the best service, but who is the cheapest Umbrella Company?

"Go Umbrella" at £55 is the cheapest I've found so far.
    http://www.parasolgroup.co.uk/. Some peeps will swear by them, others will swear at them. I had good experiences with them.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I'd be rather cautious over entrusting my contract fees to an Umbrella selected purely on cost.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        I'd be rather cautious over entrusting my contract fees to an Umbrella selected purely on cost.
        It's not the only criteria, but it is as good a starting point as any

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
          http://www.parasolgroup.co.uk/. Some peeps will swear by them, others will swear at them. I had good experiences with them.
          Not the cheapest though. Or the best but YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
            Not the cheapest though. Or the best but YMMV.
            Sorry for my ignorance... but what is YMMV?

I used Parasol for my first contract. They provided me with a Salary advance every time I had asked for it. Didn't need to use them for very much, but were ok for what I needed them for.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              Sorry for my ignorance... but what is YMMV?

Your mileage may vary.

Comment

A4P or 'Anderson for Professionals'

I used these for three years before setting-up Ltd. They are part of an accountancy firm called Reilly McMordie, and are based in Sale in Manchester.

Very good service.

Google either name.

Comment

Working...
                X