• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on Ltd. Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Ltd. Company

I am about to move to a new contract (much improved rate!!). But I have a slight quandry... what do I do. I've had the Sunday solutions folks on my case, but their illsutration on my new rate doesn't look great. My current umbrella is fine, but I don't think I will get the best tax efficiency through them, so it brings me to considering starting me own Ltd. company.

A colleague of mine made a suggestion the other day that has me thinking. My wife is self-employed and runs her own little business from home. Would there be any benefit in the two of us forming a company and both working through that? Would that make the IR35 avoidance any better?

Another question then is can anyone recommend a good accountant - I see there is splashing of advertising on here for SJDaccounting - are they very good? Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Baronne Mouton

I would definitely recommend your own limited company. However, its not for everyone. There's more involved than contracting through a brolly but the financial rewards generally make it worthwhile.

Use the search facility for both the ltd co questions and the accountant enquiry or PM me if you want more detail advice.

HTH

Comment

Working...
    X