• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your money

So - you are operating outside of IR35 and have the paperwork to prove it - so what do you do with your cash?
    Leave it in the Ltd company and wait for Hector to come and get it.
    3.85%
    Draw plump dividends weekly/monthly to make sure he doesn't get it
    61.54%
    Put it all in a pension and hope to make 65
    0.00%
    Draw 1 dividend a year and hope Hector doesn't come to get the rest.
    11.54%
    Give it all to Andy W (whoever he is)
    23.08%

Where is the "don't let on to Hector that it exists in the first place" option?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I've chosen the weekly/monthly divi but I only take quarterly.. does that count

Comment

I spend it all on sweets (counted as a business expense).
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Can we have a "reinvest or distribute it depending on prevailing commercial conditions" option for people who run their businesses properly and not as a personal cash siphon?
          Last edited by thunderlizard; 16 July 2008, 20:21. Reason: Forgot to put one of the words in.

Comment

Quarterly dividend and leave a fair amount in company account for accommodation expenses or time out of work.

Comment

missing option!

I take a small salary, quarterly dividends (enough to live on) and leave the rest in various deposit accounts for rainy days (or retirement).

Comment

I voted Andyw - in the abscene of a "get divorced and give it all to your ex" option.

Comment

Working...
                X