• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies and Umbrella Companies - linked?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies and Umbrella Companies - linked?

I don't know if this subject has been discussed but in thinking about the ways agencies make money, why on earth would an agency not invest in an umbrella company or set up its own? Or do some do so already? Seems to me that they could direct alot of business to it and (since many people suggest they take a cut of money for referrals) surely better to have a stake in a business that has this constant stream of business whilst at the same time have some say in how it is organised and administered. Anyone got any thoughts or views?

Originally posted by Uncle Max View Post
    I don't know if this subject has been discussed but in thinking about the ways agencies make money, why on earth would an agency not invest in an umbrella company or set up its own? Or do some do so already? Seems to me that they could direct alot of business to it and (since many people suggest they take a cut of money for referrals) surely better to have a stake in a business that has this constant stream of business whilst at the same time have some say in how it is organised and administered. Anyone got any thoughts or views?

I have heard that Aston Carter push their own umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Max View Post
      I don't know if this subject has been discussed but in thinking about the ways agencies make money, why on earth would an agency not invest in an umbrella company or set up its own? Or do some do so already? Seems to me that they could direct alot of business to it and (since many people suggest they take a cut of money for referrals)....
      I am shocked - shocked! - to find that gambling is going on here.

Comment

Working...
      X