• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax credit forms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax credit forms

I’m just trying to work out what I should include on our joint tax credit declaration renewal form, do I just include gross earnings from my P60 plus gross dividends as 'other income'? I can't see any mention of dividends but I'm sure they'd want to know!

07-08 was my first year as a Ltd so last year (umbrella) I just gave them whatever my P60 said.

I wouldn't normally be bothering with this but my wife had almost all of last year on statutory maternity pay and I had a large chunk of the year on the bench.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Just thought.. do I need show divs as gross? Surely they're taxed as personal income? I've never been asked to do a personal tax return and I'm starting to wonder why??
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Just thought.. do I need show divs as gross? Surely they're taxed as personal income? I've never been asked to do a personal tax return and I'm starting to wonder why??
      Its up to you to ask HMRC to send you a personal tax return if you have any income that is not PAYE, or if you are a director (or some other circumstances which probaby don't apply to your situaution). How else would they know?

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
        How else would they know?
        How would I know that they need to know... other than you telling me now that I needed to let them know. :

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          How would I know that they need to know... other than you telling me now that I needed to let them know. :
          How would they know that you need to know that they need to know?

It's your responsibility like lots of other things that adulthood brings.

Comment

Assume you are talking Tax Credits (aka new labour redistribution of wealth) and not a tax return which Archangel referred to. Dividends are income and you must declare them.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/wo...her-income.htm

From the link above
            Also enter income from UK company dividends, including dividends from a company of which you and/or your partner are directors. If you received UK company dividends, you should add the tax credit - shown on the dividend voucher supplied by the company - to the dividend.

Comment

Thanks manic, just what I was after.

I went off on a tangent asking about the personal tax return as well.

Comment

Working...
              X