• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long Term Time Off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phayes View Post
    Hi,

I usually take 3 months off each year to pursue my sport abroad, I have never usually had any problems getting a new contract when i get back, as a limited company i continue to have my salary paid into my personal account monthly.

This year I plan on taking 6 months off due to this country becoming rather depressing, plus I need the break.

I am leasing my house out for the duration I am away and have stock piled enough money for my return as a buffer before getting my next contract.

VAT/PAYE is all done online by myself with help from my accountant.

Plus I am taking my laptop and learning a new skillset while away to keep my skills sharp.

Is there anything I need to watch out for or be aware of.

Regards.

Paul.
    Hmm 3 months to pursue a sport abroad....

Don't fall off!
    Don't break a leg!
    Don't get caught in an avalanche!
    Don't fall in and drown!
    Don't forget to pull the rip cord!
    Golf's not a sport!
    Neither is snooker!
    Or Darts for that matter!

Think that should cover you...
    B00med!

Comment

Working...