• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2yr, same co, different location

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2yr, same co, different location

A fellow contractor is coming up to his two years at ClientCo. its possible they will ask him to stay on longer.

He has the chance to change the location by about 50miles (which suits him better). would this reset the 2yr deal or will the fact its the same client mean it will still affect him?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    A fellow contractor is coming up to his two years at ClientCo. its possible they will ask him to stay on longer.

He has the chance to change the location by about 50miles (which suits him better). would this reset the 2yr deal or will the fact its the same client mean it will still affect him?
    Is his journey substantially affected? 50 miles out of a 300 mile journey may not, but 50 miles in the opposite direction from the old one will. HMRC seem to work on 'site' rather than 'company'.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Significant change of location = reset of 2 year rule.

Moving across the street in the square mile doesn't count.

I'd say 50 miles would count as a reset, but it depends in the length of commute.

And it's not up to me, it's up to the revenue.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

i believe his current commute is approx 40miles from Manchester side of Leeds(South), new location would be York side of Leeds (North) so its in a different direction commute for him. his commute would be reduced a lot.

Comment

i believe his current commute is approx 40miles from Manchester side of Leeds(South), new location would be York side of Leeds (North) so its in a different direction commute for him. his commute would be reduced a lot.
          That would qualify. The rule on sites is just to catch people who move between buildings on the same site, or go across the road, etc. and try to claim they have a new temporary site. if in doubt, HMRC will confirm, but I wouldn't think twice about this.
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Cheers Big Jim.

Comment

Working...
            X