• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying too much salary?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA1 View Post
    You realise that by OPTING IN you automatically give yourself employee status for every contract ie you will fall INSIDE IR35 regardless of the contract wording. If you want employment rights then you are an EMPLOYEE. Dividends are therefore illegal and if you are investigated you will be fined and have to pay all tax and NI on your dividends. Surely your accountant advised you of this??
    Not opting out = IR35 caught. That's a new one. Sounds fishy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
      Not opting out = IR35 caught. That's a new one. Sounds fishy to me.
      Yes not one of the best contributions I've seen in recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by LA1 View Post
        You realise that by OPTING IN you automatically give yourself employee status for every contract ie you will fall INSIDE IR35 regardless of the contract wording. If you want employment rights then you are an EMPLOYEE. Dividends are therefore illegal and if you are investigated you will be fined and have to pay all tax and NI on your dividends. Surely your accountant advised you of this??
        If that's what your accountant advised you I suggest you start looking for a new one who understands IR35...
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
          I know this has been done to death before, but here is my 0.02 worth.

1) The 12k difference will cost you approx £2400 net a year (N.I), so if you would prefer to give Gordon and his bunch this extra each year then continue on your current course.

I've been advised I can drop my salary from £18k to £12k. And this is what I will do. What tax saving have I now made? About a grand?

thanks for all your contributions in this debate

Comment

Working...
          X