• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P11D vs Accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sidknows View Post
    I'm not sure if we have had the answer to this but do accountants not provide a minutes of meeting and a dividend voucher

Surely this is juts a case a running it from an accountancy software

In addition , if I was paying 95 quid a month , I would expect this
    What would be the point of getting an accountant , if I was'nt get some tax planning advice at the minimum once every three months at least

ps as a aoctractor 1500 - 2300 is way too much
    Some do some don't. The link I posted earlier had some templates I think. If not do a search here for dividend voucher and you will find one. In the past my accountants have produced them for me. Now I do them myself and send a copy to accountants. It's really very simple. You just have to replace the date and amount each time.

I currently pay £850 (inl. VAT) for accountants who do all I need.

Comment

Blimey. I'm less clear now than I was before

So, for the 10 mostly identical, regular payments that I made in 07/08 is it worth me doing the paperwork still? And do I have to do one set for each?

Thankfully I haven't paid myself one yet in this year, so I will get it right from the start this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gros View Post
        Blimey. I'm less clear now than I was before

So, for the 10 mostly identical, regular payments that I made in 07/08 is it worth me doing the paperwork still? And do I have to do one set for each?

Thankfully I haven't paid myself one yet in this year, so I will get it right from the start this time.
        You could theoretically argue that every time you made a dividend payment, you made a conscious decision to pay a dividend and given that you are the sole director (?), that decision constituted a quorate director's meeting. You could therefore minute today the meetings that took place on each of those occasions.

That's probably your best bet although it's not the most robust line of argument I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by sidknows View Post
          I'm not sure if we have had the answer to this but do accountants not provide a minutes of meeting and a dividend voucher
          I would have thought that the minutes of the meeting declaring the dividend have to be signed by a Director or the Co Sec. If the accountant does this on your behalf does that not put you into the MSC realm?

MyCo's accountant provided a template word doc for the dividend meeting minutes, I just amend that, sign it and send it to them.

I have no idea if they produce a dividend voucher from that, but then they do my personal tax too so I would have no need to see it.

Comment

Working...
          X