• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company credit card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company credit card

I've been pre-approved!

Is it worth it? I have bought a laptop and other equipment recently, which I'd buy with my personal credit card (for protection) and refund as an expense. But I'm not likely to do that again for a while. My other main expense is likely to be petrol, but I assume I'm better off claiming private mileage expenses than just paying for the petrol on the company card.

Or should I just use it to pay for an expensive foreign "business trip" and declare the company bankrupt when I return?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I've been pre-approved!

Is it worth it? I have bought a laptop and other equipment recently, which I'd buy with my personal credit card (for protection) and refund as an expense. But I'm not likely to do that again for a while. My other main expense is likely to be petrol, but I assume I'm better off claiming private mileage expenses than just paying for the petrol on the company card.

Or should I just use it to pay for an expensive foreign "business trip" and declare the company bankrupt when I return?

It is excellent business practice for businesses to purchase what they need directly and keep personal out of pocket expenses to a minimum.

Yes, claiming mileage is better. You can only claim petrol if it is a Company Car, which involves paying so much tax it is not worth it.

You will find in the small print of your company credit card that if the company doesn't pay, they can go after the card holder to recover the costs. Your business will be expected to sign for the account, but the cardholder will be expected to sign for the card.

Comment

Working...
    X