• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Allowance increased by £600

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just subscribe your non working wife/partner and make her prosper from your companies success! It's the way forward.
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
      Just subscribe your non working wife/partner and make her prosper from your companies success! It's the way forward.
      Partner works.
      Last edited by MrRobin; 14 May 2008, 08:48.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
        No. Not at all.

There is no tax saving from the higher PA. Because dividends are not taxed in the first place and NI @ 11% still applies (of course if you have savings income of £600+, then this will indeed be a £120 tax cut).
        I mean for people with a let's say a £10K salary. They will gain the £120 from the PA and lose £135 from the Higher Rate threshold = £15 worse off. To be honest, I don't meet may contractors anymore who just pay themselves the PA, it used to be the norm now it seems £10K is more common.

Comment

Working...
        X