• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

annual salary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

annual salary

What is the annual salary generally used to cover the legal minimum wage ? I have used 9K for years which I think is now not enough.

£5.52 per hour - or £10764 PA for a 37.5 hour week

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      What is the annual salary generally used to cover the legal minimum wage ? I have used 9K for years which I think is now not enough.
      If your a director you don't have to pay the minimum wage to yourself or family members. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
        £5.52 per hour - or £10764 PA for a 37.5 hour week
        Ta. Suppose I could of worked that out ! I'm might really treat myself and go for 12K.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          Ta. Suppose I could of worked that out ! I'm might really treat myself and go for 12K.
          That's what I do. £1k / month.

Yes its not the MOST tax efficent way but its still fairly tax efficent and means I only have to take divis every 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            If your a director you don't have to pay the minimum wage to yourself or family members. HTH.
            Rightly or wrongly I think it's always been looked on as a good idea for hector avoidance.

Comment

Working...
            X