• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wife tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife tax

My wife work for my company some administration work. I wanted to pay less than 5K for her work and my accountant advised me for her to raise invoice to my company for that amount 5K/every week. I have following questions.
    1. If my wife raise invoice, does she need to have her own company?
    2. Does she need to be NI registered?

Thank you for all your help.
    Cheers.

Your accountnat is being unnecessarily complicated. Your wife should be on your company's payroll as an employee being paid in the same way as you are (presumably) paid a salary.

Comment

Absolutely agree. Way too complicated
      However 5k/week. Hope she's doing a LOT of work for that!

Comment

5k a week?

Are you bonkers? Or is it £ 5k a year - in which case your accountant is bonkers - he should have put her in the co's payroll as others have advised!

Comment

Wife tax??!

You have to pay tax on having a wife nowadays?! What else will they fleece us for?!

Oh, sorry.

Hm, I think the OP means 5k divided by the number of weeks, and then invoice that every week. Nonsense really. Just pay her a salary.
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Noddy post alert!

Comment

Sorry

Sorry... not 5K per week (wish I am that rich).. 5K per year...If she joins as employee, what are the problems I might face? Thank you very much for replies.

Comment

Working...
              X