• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend threshold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dividend threshold

Hi,

Wonder if someone cold shed some light on this:

Is the "lower tax" dividend threshold ( approx 39K ) per shareholder or for the company as a whole?

e.g 2 directors/shareholders with 50/50 split =39K x 2 ...... or total is 39K?

Thanks

Per person. But it depends on other income and the £39k must include any salary the individual(s) are paid. Remember also that its the dividend + tax credit which needs to be taken into account NOT just the divi.

Comment

Just1morethan is correct. It's a personal income tax, so the thresholds are against each person.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

So am i correct in saying that the "lower divi threshold" is 34600 + 5225=39825.

And if I pay myself NMW of the usual 5225 my "allowed" divi is 34600-10% =£31140?

So in theory I could pay myself £2500 approx/month in divi?

Thanks

Comment

Yep. Correct.

If you've any other income you need to account for that. That includes bank interest, rental income, etc etc.

And remember to get the paperwork right. You need to vote a dividend and record this in the minutes of the meeting and you need to issue a divi voucher for each divi you issue. In

Comment

Thanks for that. I get the divi minutes bit .... but how does one do a divi voucher?

Comment

but how does one do a divi voucher?

I can send you a template in word. PM me if yoo want it

Comment

I would except I keep getting told I dnt have sufficient priviledges to PM yoo.

<mod note>Please use the contact form to ask the administrator to up your status</mod note>

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
                  but how does one do a divi voucher?

I can send you a template in word. PM me if yoo want it
                  Would appreciate it if you could PM me the voucher as well - would be a big help.

TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by skelm View Post
                    I would except I keep getting told I dnt have sufficient priviledges to PM yoo.

<mod note>Please use the contact form to ask the administrator to up your status</mod note>
                    Just make approx 5 more posts in say the light relief forum, then you'll be able to PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X