• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two bank accounts for Ltd company. Any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    There is something to be said for having >1 account in >1 institution too - spreading the eggs among many baskets, esp if you are over the 36K (or whatever the threshold is that the govt protects), and esp if you have the money with a bank that has a lot of mortgage debt in either the british, spanish or US markets.

Just my 2c.
    Does the government protect business bank accounts? I thought that only applied to personal accounts?

Comment

apparently it applies to small business bank accounts too, though it was only on this forum somewhere that I read it, so might not be the case. Still, principle of spreading eggs between baskets applies (even more so I guess if there's a chance of losing the lot)
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
      X