• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoicing BT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a quick glance at the T & C's. You have got no chance.

http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail...rms/index.html
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      From his post one can ascertain that he does not work from home. If he did then a back up would be required, be it a basic POTS connection, or like I have a T Mobile mobile internet that can be used with phone and PC. But that is beside the point. Trying to charge for this type of annoyance is not and never will be worth the hassle involved.

As the engineer needs to come to his house there is a fair chance that the problem lies in the consumers wiring. Then it is his fault and BT will charge for fixing his problem.
      Already established that the fault isn't on the consumer side. The phone works and I've tried 3 different makes of router (Netgear, BT Voyager and BT Business HUB) and they all cannot connect but they still have to go through the motions of sending out an engineer.

Also, as has been pointed out, I couldn't work from home as I would not have a broadband connection.

The T&C's probably indicate that I'll get nowhere with invoicing them but I'm going to do it all the same. I'll also be contacting their head of customer services also.

I'm certainly not going to roll over as you advocate.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by Flat Eric View Post
        Already established that the fault isn't on the consumer side The phone works and I've tried 3 different makes of router (Netgear, BT Voyager and BT Business HUB) and they all cannot connect but they still have to go through the motions of sending out an engineer.
        I think

I once went metnal at BT Over the broadband. Was fine one day then went tits up, dropping all over the place. The SNR was through the floor.

Engineer turned up even though I said "nothing changed at my end gov".

LIghtening had taken out a resistor in the master socket.

So till the engineer turns up you don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          I think

I once went metnal at BT Over the broadband. Was fine one day then went tits up, dropping all over the place. The SNR was through the floor.

Engineer turned up even though I said "nothing changed at my end gov".

LIghtening had taken out a resistor in the master socket.

So till the engineer turns up you don't know.
          I suppose it's not impossible that it's a problem like that. But even then, a duff resistor is still not on the consumer side. It's still their equipment behind the white box on the wall AFAIK.

Anyway, I'll be kicking BT into touch at the end of the month and getting someone else in. I'm sick of talking to numpties in call centres in "Dundee" (read Delhi). They've done so many line tests on my circuit that they've probably worn it out.. 3 fault numbers raised and then subsequently closed without contacting me.

BT are a shambles.

M.

Comment

Working...
          X