• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting find for new contractors....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting find for new contractors....

Just doing a hunt on the net for some info and came across this

http://www.technigrade.co.uk/Agency_Training.htm

Its very interesting and good if your a first timer like me to lerarn there lies and ways! I really do not like agencies!

What I don't understand is that some of these questions they ask to try and find out places you work and your managers, surely they will get half this info from your cv then all they have to do is find out the number of the company ring reception and ask for the IT managers name???

The last bit about withholding money makes me feel sick. What can be done in that situation if that actually happens who can you speak to (or threaten them with) to get your money?

Comment

Very good link,

and so much of its rings a bell of truth.

TM

Comment

This is what agents try with me. Except that I'm a proper git.

I find when they ask for "references" the phrase:

"Come on. If you want names of people to knock up for roles just say it, but don't think that I don't know why you are asking."

If they really annoy me I add:

"There is a reason I'm the contractor and your the phone jockey".

Comment

the slimey barsteward, sh1te heads!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGhHHHHHHHH cant explain how much the vein in my head is bulging!
          cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Is that a genuine agency training document?

I don't like agencies - and contractors should be aware of those tricks - but there are some very very good agencies out there.

I reckon 50% agents good, 50% bad. About the same proportion as contractors really...

Comment

Well I half think its a pish take.

The site is advertising the CVs of 2 contractors but hasn't been updated since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Is that a genuine agency training document?
                No. There's a box at the end where you can add your own tip / comment, so it's unlikely to be genuine.

I'm sure that there is an element of truth to some of it, but not all by any means.
                Last edited by TheFaQQer; 31 March 2008, 11:36.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I don't think its a true training document but I have been asked a lot of the questions over my years of job hunting and those answers make sense as to why they are asking.

These are common 'info' gathering situations as it states and just shows you what to be aware of and not to give them all of your info.

Comment

Working...
                  X