• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Administration of limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Administration of limited company

I'm thinking I should have a board meeting and see if the director will agree to a few things. I've never had to do this before, and in common with the rest of my "career" have decided that the combined approach of reading the instructions and stealing other people's work is the way to go.

How did anyone else get started on this? Website and book recommendations gratefully received.

What? Are you the director of your Ltd or are you using an umbrella?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      I'm thinking I should have a board meeting and see if the director will agree to a few things. I've never had to do this before, and in common with the rest of my "career" have decided that the combined approach of reading the instructions and stealing other people's work is the way to go.

How did anyone else get started on this? Website and book recommendations gratefully received.
      but you are the director? you want to talk to yourself?

You are beaker and I claim my £5.

Comment

Yes I am the sole director - sorry if I didn't make that clear. No involvement with a brolly - my own Ltd. I want to know what I should write in the minutes, what kind of meeting to have.

I am indeed going to talk to myself and am not Beaker - although worryingly I do own a soft toy of Beaker from the Muppets.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Yes I am the sole director - sorry if I didn't make that clear. No involvement with a brolly - my own Ltd. I want to know what I should write in the minutes, what kind of meeting to have.

I am indeed going to talk to myself and am not Beaker - although worryingly I do own a soft toy of Beaker from the Muppets.
          I think you have to have a meeting once a year to approve accounts etc? My accountant gave me some standard nonsense. Accounts approved. Accountants re-appointed for next year. I wanted to add "discuss why inland revenue are morons". but he stopped me.

Don't worry about talking to yourself - most are mad here. Though few are as mad as me. except beaker.

Comment

Normally your accountant will hold the company record and will fill in the minutes each year

tim

Comment

Thats what the Company Secretary is for!

Yiesh!

Comment

Working...
              X