• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I need a buy to let mortgage ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need a buy to let mortgage ?

My wife and I have decided to move out of our one bedroom owned property into a three bedroom rented property. As part of the process in letting our flat we were told that we need to get a letter from the bank giving us permission to do so.

When my wife contacted our bank to enquire about this letter, she was told that since we were moving out of the property, we would need to change our mortgage to buy to let.

Does this sound right ?

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
      My wife and I have decided to move out of our one bedroom owned property into a three bedroom rented property. As part of the process in letting our flat we were told that we need to get a letter from the bank giving us permission to do so.

When my wife contacted our bank to enquire about this letter, she was told that since we were moving out of the property, we would need to change our mortgage to buy to let.

Does this sound right ?
      Depends on your lender and mortgage conditions.

In my case with A+L as the lender they were perfectly happy (for a fee ) to give permission. This needs renewing every couple of years. BTL mortgages tend to cost you more.

Comment

Working...
      X