• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transfer Shares.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    Both of you working for the same limited company will have absolutely no effect on your IR35 status. I would echo what others have said do not give her half of your company. It is a very a bad idea if things go wrong. She does not have to work for your Ltd Co to be able to substitute for you.

100% caught as "income shifting" (Don't you love these new phrases Nu Liemore makes up....). If HMRC investigate they will be able to trace the money going straight to you through her bank account, the new (utter bollocks) legislation coming into effect in April will catch you.

All sorted now. Accountant has sent me a stock transfer form all filled in basically stating Rachel will transfer her share to me for the cost of £1. Just need to let Companies House know at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by lnoton View Post
      All sorted now. Accountant has sent me a stock transfer form all filled in basically stating Rachel will transfer her share to me for the cost of £1. Just need to let Companies House know at the end of the year.
      Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

I am surprised - it runs counter to what I instinctively thought. I was sure that HMRC would want a valuation for all potentially CGT chargeable events, but if the accountant says not who am I to argue.

I guess that this is the one exception to me always being right that proves the rule

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

I am surprised - it runs counter to what I instinctively thought. I was sure that HMRC would want a valuation for all potentially CGT chargeable events, but if the accountant says not who am I to argue.

I guess that this is the one exception to me always being right that proves the rule
        You are correct. In order to avoid the possibility of a CGT charge, a holdover election should be signed by both parties and submitted to the donor's tax district.

Having said that, unless the value of the share exceeds £9,201 the gain would fall within the donor's annual CGT annual exemption (assuming it hasn't been utilised elsewhere).

Comment

Originally posted by THEPUMA View Post
          You are correct.
          Bang goes that theory then

Comment

Working...
          X