• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private accountancy discussion areas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private accountancy discussion areas

Where can we go to discuss accountants / accountancy businesses in private?

I have had enough of mine and I'd like to have a good bitch but the organisation has a membership here.

I would like to hear others' experiences but at least two others have accounts here too and it would be nice to talk about them without them chipping in and getting shirty. Such discussions seem to degenerate into this every time.

Where can one go to do this that the accountants don't have access to?

Originally posted by MirrorMe View Post

I have had enough of mine and I'd like to have a good bitch but the organisation has a membership here.

I would like to hear others' experiences but at least two others have accounts here too and it would be nice to talk about them without them chipping in and getting shirty. Such discussions seem to degenerate into this every time.

There isn't anywhere on this public forum to my knowledge. Surely if you make allegations on a public forum of incompetence the company should have the right to state its position?

Comment

Have you tried to talk to your current accountants in order to resolve any issues ?
      That might be more constructive than bitching about them

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        There isn't anywhere on this public forum to my knowledge. Surely if you make allegations on a public forum of incompetence the company should have the right to state its position?
        I suppose that's why I want a private forum rather than a public one.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Have you tried to talk to your current accountants in order to resolve any issues ?
          I did.

It was the response I want to bitch about. Their reaction involves my accountancy and another one and the other one will be unhappy if I say what occurred. Mine will be very unhappy and probably be able to identify me.

It's because I've seen accountants complain about what gets said about them on here that I wanted to know if there was somewhere I could get 'private' advice.

I think I shall go to my accountancy's professional body instead and see what they say.

Sorry to be so cryptic.

Comment

I did.

It was the response I want to bitch about. Their reaction involves my accountancy and another one and the other one will be unhappy if I say what occurred. Mine will be very unhappy and probably be able to identify me.

It's because I've seen accountants complain about what gets said about them on here that I wanted to know if there was somewhere I could get 'private' advice.

I think I shall go to my accountancy's professional body instead and see what they say.

Sorry to be so cryptic.
            Not to be rude, but why would you want to publicly complain about your accountant in private (obviously you would like to publicly complain or you would not be on these forums, you would be talking with your mates down the local)?

Accountants may complain but as long as you don't say anything libellous I don't really see the problem. If they are rubbish I'm assuming you have switch accountants anyway.

Comment

Hmmm I think you may be one of the accountants in disguise - made aware of the conversations going on in the background by myself and others about a certain accountant & trying to find out more.... are you he?

14 posts suggests you may not have been around very long - or am I just been paranoid?
              Last edited by Troll; 29 January 2008, 09:31.
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Hmmm I think you may be one of the accountants in disguise - made aware of the conversations going on in the background by myself and others about a certain accountant & trying to found out more.... are you he?

14 posts suggests you may not have been around very long - or am I just been paranoid?
                Even the MirrorMe name suggests more than 1 login ID.....now that's paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Hmmm I think you may be one of the accountants in disguise - made aware of the conversations going on in the background by myself and others about a certain accountant & trying to found out more.... are you he?

Put in that context, no you are not paranoid, that makes sense. But it does reinforce my view of how some - at least one, certainly - of the accountants can behave on here.

I am being discrete because of another thread I started - I just don't want to reveal my id. Perhaps I ought to just retire this existence and start a new one.

"Goodbye cruel world. I'm leaving now."

Comment

do not bother to go to accountancy institutes as they tend to close ranks when there is a complaint about a member
                    You best bet is to post in forums such as these as any dodgy practices can then be brought to light regardless of whether they are members of this forum or not

Comment

Working...
                    X