• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone used accountants4contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used accountants4contractors?

I've been put in touch with this firm, chatted to the guy there, all seems very good (that happy feeling), but cant get away from the fact they're £120+VAT per month vs NW @ £71 (ish).

Anyone heard of them / used them? thoughts pls.

Or, does NW offer tip-top advice and service, structure recommendations etc?

I would suggest you phione up NW and ask then various questions so you can compare.

HTH

Comment

done that, all seems the same except stance on bearing of the Arctic case, and min term (12 NW vs 6 a4c) - not sure i'd be going more than 6mths but may be.

is there much difference in % return from different accountants?

Comment

and does the new (likely) legislation mean distribution of co. shares (say betw. you & co. sec ==wife) wouldn't matter either way? i appreciate i may be talking cr@p here... anything helpful gladly received!

Comment

What are the different stances?

I've never heard of A4C, but NW get quite a few nice words said about them on these forums.

if you are definetly only going to be contracting for 6 months A4C would seem to be the cheaper option, but do these costs include end of year accounts? How much is it going to cost to wind up company from each accountant?

Comment

Originally posted by danthomas25 View Post
            and does the new (likely) legislation mean distribution of co. shares (say betw. you & co. sec ==wife) wouldn't matter either way? i appreciate i may be talking cr@p here... anything helpful gladly received!
            New legislation that is coming in would appear to indicate that they are going to screw you over if you have a business where you are bringing the income in and wife is just doing book sbut earning a similar wage.

(Bet they only go after IT contractors tho, they will leave the plumbers and builders alone until they have screwed us over no doubt...)

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post

(Bet they only go after IT contractors tho, they will leave the plumbers and builders alone until they have screwed us over no doubt...)
              Can't wait until they go after other small businesses.....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

cheers for your fine words ardesco

Comment

Originally posted by danthomas25 View Post
                  done that, all seems the same except stance on bearing of the Arctic case, and min term (12 NW vs 6 a4c) - not sure i'd be going more than 6mths but may be.

is there much difference in % return from different accountants?
                  We do not have a minimum term, so you can use us for 1 month and then leave should you wish. If we have set your business up as a free service, then we would charge £100 for that unless you had been with us for 12 months.

The tax rules are the same for all UK tax payers, so the only difference should be the accounting fees. Watch out for some "examples" as they tend to make huge assumptions such as certain expenses, unrealistic working periods, very low salaries etc. We ask what your particular situation is and give you the estimated net income after all taxes and expenses have been accounted for.

I hope this clears everything.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    Bet they only go after IT contractors tho, they will leave the plumbers and builders alone until they have screwed us over no doubt...
                    I'll take that bet.

Most plumbers and small builders will be Self Employed who already have to meet a requirement of not paying the spouse more for 'admin' than they would pay a non related person, and have had to do so for at least 15 years.

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X