• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company secretary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company secretary

Hello eveybody,

I'd appreciate if you could answer following questions:

1. Is their any requirement for the company secretary to be UK citizen/ UK resident at all ?
    2. Can a person with student visa be a company secretary ?
    3. Is it must for company secretary to receive pay ?

Thank you.

As a as I know:

1. No
    2. Yes
    3. No
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Didn't I just answer this

As far as I am aware, anyone who is not bankrupt can be a company secretary. Companies House do not like it if under 16 year olds are the co sec but there isn't actually a law against it.

The company sec does not have to be UK resident.

The company sec does not have to be paid.

The company sec is not required for private companies from April this year.

hth

Comment

Working...
      X