• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New company assessment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New company assessment

Hi all, I know I'm a newbie but just wanted a few people to confirm this assuming I'm correct. I've just set up a Ltd with an accountant that was recommended on this forum but so far I have not traded yet as I'm looking for my next contract.

I assume, as no trades have been processed yet my company is classed as dormant and I'll only need to get my accountant to prepare a balance sheet and for me (I assume April 08) and to return an Annual Return form 363s when it arrives at my company registered address.

I have talked to my accountant and they have told me that I don’t need to do anything yet but I always like to get more views and advice.

Cheers

I would have thought your company has to be a financial year non-trading before that point. Your comany accounting year can run any dates - normally from round about when you set it up, for a year. So unless you set it up in April 07 and have done nothing with it, you shouldnt have an issue. Even then you get extra months to file stuff after that point

Comment

Working...
    X