• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what's best way to finance a car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18k is a lot to spend on a used car if you dont pay 40% tax

the only car worth puttingf through company is one under 120g CO2 as it's a 100% capex writedown and tiny BIK

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
      it all seems complicated !

OK step 1. I have applied for a virgin card yesterday and been given a £15K limit

so i guess what i need to do now is get hat money into my bank account and then buy they car.

i am still keen on exploring idea of buying car via the company. any idea as to its effect/advantages.....?

css_jay99
      Virgin cards are usually MBNA cards. They allow you to transfer cash to bank accounts. They charge around 3% fee. Max fee is £50 if its a Virgin Atlantic card

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Show me some CC that have 0% transfer fee?

All the ones I have ever seen now have 2.5% - 3.5% handling charge on 0% transfers.

Link please?
        http://www.stoozing.com/0fees.htm

Comment

Cash.
          Failing that. Spend as little as possible.
          Don't forget, your buying something that depreciates faster than a packet of butter on a hot day. Only spend real wonga on things that increase in value.

Comment

Out of interest, which cars are less than 120g?

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
              Out of interest, which cars are less than 120g?
              http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=81

Comment

Sorry to hijack

My car is less than 120g/km. When I finally get round to setting up a Ltd, would it be beneficial to me to sell the car to the company?
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Thanks Dud. A better choice than I expected. Is it worth having one or better to claim the 40/25p?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    Sorry to hijack

My car is less than 120g/km. When I finally get round to setting up a Ltd, would it be beneficial to me to sell the car to the company?
                    I asked the same question of our accountant about a year ago. At the time he said that he would not advise to run a company car because of the increased national insurance implications.

In his opinion (at that time), you are always better off using a personally owned car and claiming mileage.

Comment

What kind of justification do you need to get a van (pickup truck)?

Comment

Working...
                      X