• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Preparing Final Accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparing Final Accounts

Hey,

Hope you guys can help. I am closing my Ltd Company and need to prepare final accounts. the problem is I don’t know how to do this and was hoping someone here could advise what info I need to put into creating final accounts.

I don’t think it will be very complex as i only ever traded for one month and so only have one invoice.

I heard i have to include my income, expenses and any loss/profits...?

I would let an accountant do it but my accountant wanted to charge me over £300 to close my ltd company down!
    I thought that was a rip and done some research online and found out exactly what I need to do to close the company.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by homer View Post
    Hey,

Hope you guys can help. I am closing my Ltd Company and need to prepare final accounts. the problem is I don’t know how to do this and was hoping someone here could advise what info I need to put into creating final accounts.

I don’t think it will be very complex as i only ever traded for one month and so only have one invoice.

I heard i have to include my income, expenses and any loss/profits...?

I would let an accountant do it but my accountant wanted to charge me over £300 to close my ltd company down!
    I thought that was a rip and done some research online and found out exactly what I need to do to close the company.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Afaik a final set of accounts is just the same as a normal set of accounts but without any creditors / debtors in there.

Also why not leave it open you may come back to it.

Just file a normal set of accounts for this year (can make the first year 18 months) then file dormant accounts for £15/year.

So even in 20 years you are still up on your £300.

Comment

remember though - it isnt just the accounts to companies house - you also need the tax stuff.

Comment

CT600 - not the most complex piece of trickery devised by man.

Comment

thanks for the advice guys,

well aware of the tax stuff and as sockpuppet states its not that difficult to fill in the CT600. i was just unaware of what info was needed to create my accounts.

i'll look into making the company dorment.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X