• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free Money from HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cheques are made out in your company's name, so the accountant wouldn't be able to bank it in their account anyway. We only ask for cheques if there is no other liability to set it against - otherwise it just gets knocked off the normal quarterly payments.

Comment

Is this for "free money" for paying your year end PAYE ?

Comment

NIL returns

Also bear in mind that if you offset the ILEA payment against your PAYE/NIC liability and it results in a NIL payment due to HMRC then you must still send in a NIL return. Interestingly, if you do the online route you no longer receive paying books to facilitate the NIL return.

I was getting lots of nasty letters telling me I owed them money when I didn't. After asking my local tax office how to send in a NIL return payslip when I no longer receive them, they finally told me about the online facility.

After much rummaging online I found the relevant link - you'd think it would be in with the PAYE online filing system but it isn't, it's here: Clicky

Comment

Working...
        X