• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

uk company 'buying' an offshore one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uk company 'buying' an offshore one?

folks, a question for all those budding accountants and wise people that you all are, (suck-up, i know)

my wife and i have a separate business located overseas and are looking to expand it. to help with this, i'd like to direct money to it from our uk ltd co. i'd like to do this in such a way that the cost of investing in the other business is balanced against any profit that may be made in the uk, but am unsure to go about this. should i note that the uk co. has 'bought' the overseas one and inherited all it's debts/operating costs? therefore any expenses incurred by the overseas company is borne by the uk one?

does all this sound alright? or am i making a complete idiot of myself? (yes, am consulting an accountant on this one too)

This is a very complicated question and you are not going to get an answer on a bulletin board.

You need to see a specalist accountant.

tim

Comment

so many issues need to be considered. Different tax jurisdictions, transfer pricing just to mention a couple. Very difficult to answer your questions without knowing your personal circumstances so best speaking directly in confidence to an accountant.

Comment

Working...
      X