• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Own LTD. Sharing 6 months of experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxima View Post
    As some of you I was working under Giant umbrella until Labours decided they need more cash to fund their mega-project to bringing the country into havoc.

Is that you Vlad?

Comment

I am on the same rate (550) and I take home around £8500. That's made up of salary, expenses and divi's. I have quite high expenses (travel to London, Oyster card) of around 700 / month plus the usual accounts, mobile etc.

I'm allocating just over a grand a month for higher rate tax, averaged over the year. If I take this into account and work on 7500 net then I get 68%. How are people achieving closer to 80%?

I assume these percentages are based on true net i.e. after accounting for higher rate tax rather than on pure take home if I do it on take home the figure is around 81%.
      Last edited by gadgetman; 15 October 2007, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by mbriody View Post
        I am on the same rate (550) and I take home around £8500. That's made up of salary, expenses and divi's. I have quite high expenses (travel to London, Oyster card) of around 700 / month plus the usual accounts, mobile etc.

I'm allocating just over a grand a month for higher rate tax, averaged over the year. If I take this into account and work on 7500 net then I get 68%. How are people achieving closer to 80%?

I assume these percentages are based on true net i.e. after accounting for higher rate tax rather than on pure take home if I do it on take home the figure is around 81%.
        Based on my calculations ( more or less on same rate ) I come to same conclusions. I'd say on Invoiced I end up paying between 32-34% Tax.
        Still not bad , I guess with a PAYE Umbrella I'd have to add all the NI contributions I save with Dividends ?

Comment

Working...
        X