• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Directors loan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directors loan

Are there any disadvantages of keeping a directors loan running all year? I know I can have an interest free directors loan of up to £5000 without it being a benefit in kind. As long as it is paid off before the year end is there any downside to doing this. The advantage for me is that the money can be offset against my mortgage which means I get better interest than keeping it in the company account. I am wondering if I ever have to justify the reason for having the loan or for not repaying it when declaring dividends.

you can get a £5k season ticket loan. I don't see any reason why it should be repaid before year-end though.

This I think is separate from what you are talking about, which appears to be a generalised loan facility, which being under £5k is deemed to be not a BIK.

Comment

Working...
    X