• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Mileage claims with passenger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Mileage claims with passenger

Hi Folks
    Doe sthe amount you can put bforward as expenses alter if you are carrying a passenger in your work vehicle.
    Thnaks

Originally posted by moscow View Post
    Hi Folks
    Doe sthe amount you can put bforward as expenses alter if you are carrying a passenger in your work vehicle.
    Thnaks
    Who is the passenger - employee, client, neither? What is the purpose of the journey?

Comment

You can claim an extra 5p per mile if the passenger is a fellow employee, so this probably would not apply to most contractors.

Alan

Comment

On a slightly different tack, if my wife (company secretary) drives me to the station in the morning and picks me up at night (i.e. two round trips of 6 miles each) can I claim mileage of 6 or 12 miles?

Comment

Originally posted by mbriody View Post
          On a slightly different tack, if my wife (company secretary) drives me to the station in the morning and picks me up at night (i.e. two round trips of 6 miles each) can I claim mileage of 6 or 12 miles?
          Lol - good skills. squeeze for as much as you can get. You have learnt well young padwan.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Where would you stand if two contractors shared a trip to work, each driving on alternate days? Would you just claim half each?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

what happens if you walk to work, can you claim then?

Comment

Fellow Contractor

Originally posted by Crossroads View Post
                Who is the passenger - employee, client, neither? What is the purpose of the journey?
                The Passenger is a fellow Contractor working for the same, and on the same job

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Where would you stand if two contractors shared a trip to work, each driving on alternate days? Would you just claim half each?
                  No you would both claim seperately for the full journey. duh.

Comment

Well if we're actually doing it every day is it a legitimate expense?

This is not pennies, its almost an extra £50 a month (240 miles versus 120 @ 0.40).

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    Lol - good skills. squeeze for as much as you can get. You have learnt well young padwan.

Comment

Working...
                    X